Terms & Conditions
What information do we gather?
We have designed the site so that, in general, you can visit without the need to reveal personal information. Exceptions to this principle are noted below.
1. INDIRECTLY, THROUGH COMPUTER PROTOCOLS
One example of this is ‘cookies’. Used by many sites cookies are small automated files sent between computers, which help relate information shown on our site to areas of the site that you have previously visited. (If you are uncomfortable regarding use of our cookies or cookies in general, please keep in mind that you can disable this function on your computer by changing settings in the preferences or options menu on your browser. Some information about how to disable cookies on different browsers can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. Your IP address may also be used to provide us with non personalised information about users of our site.
2. DIRECTLY, THROUGH ONLINE FORMS
We also collect information which you choose to submit to us voluntarily, through online forms provided on this site such as our brochure by email tab. It is completely up to you whether you wish to provide such information and it will be clear where you are asked to do so.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
Electronic information, including your IP address, helps us to analyse usage trends on our site, such as what sections are most popular, so that we can continually improve the information we provide. Information provided by you may also be used for our internal business records or so that we can communicate with you, either to respond to a specific query you have submitted or to keep you up to date with relevant products and services. We may send you promotional materials via the post, or by e-mail (if you have agreed that we can use your email address for that purpose) or we may contact you by telephone.
WHAT ABOUT SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA?
Generally speaking we do not collect sensitive personal data (such as racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc). In order to tailor product offers to your circumstances we may sometimes ask for information such as your age or any disability that you may have. As with all data, it is entirely up to you to decide whether or not you are happy to provide this information. You do not need to provide us with personal information simply to browse the site.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION?
Your information will be available to 11 CADOGAN GARDENS staff who require to use it in the course of their duties (such as administration or marketing). It may also be shared with reputable suppliers that we employ for specific, practical purposes (e.g. sending out mail).
INFORMATION THAT IS GATHERED FROM VISITORS
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
The information is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising. E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
USE OF RE-TARGETING FUNCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE
Activation of interest-related advertising using “re-targeting”
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognised by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
DO ALL COOKIES DO THE SAME THING?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
▪ Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
▪ Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
▪ Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. We will not know who you are, and only obtain anonymous data.
▪ Commercial cookies: We use these to show you 11 CADOGAN GARDENS advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on your browsing activities on our website, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the accommodation you have viewed and the prices you have been shown.
HOW LONG DO 11 CADOGAN GARDENS COOKIES STAY ACTIVE?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
HOW CAN YOU RECOGNISE 11 CADOGAN GARDENS COOKIES?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
DOES 11 CADOGAN GARDENS USE THIRD-PARTY COOKIES?
Yes, 11 CADOGAN GARDENS uses the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. 11 CADOGAN GARDENS may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of the behavioural advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org andwww.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member’s behavioural advertising programme, simply check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO 11 CADOGAN GARDENS COOKIE DATA?
Only 11 CADOGAN GARDENS has access to 11 CADOGAN GARDENS cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
DOES 11 CADOGAN GARDENS USE WEB BEACONS?
As well as using cookies, 11 CADOGAN GARDENS sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyse the traffic patterns of users to optimise the services we bring to you.
We use appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to ensure that your customer information is safeguarded from unauthorised access or disclosure.
CAN YOU FIND OUT WHAT INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
You are entitled to ask whether we hold personal information about you and, if so, to have access to this information and to require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this using the contact addresses on the website.
If you are aged 12 or under, please ensure that you get the consent of your parent or guardian before you submit any personal information through this website.
Any amendment to this privacy statement will be published on this website.